Continuing Education by Singapore Veterinary Association:
Recent Advances in Ocular Therapies and Common Surgical Procedures
By Dr. Robin Stanley FANZCVS-Ophthalmology
1. Recent advances in ocular therapies. In this presentation we will discuss how some of the more complicated cases are medically managed. We will discuss the medical management of glaucoma, viral ulcers, infected corneal ulcers and also unresponsive dry eye.
2. Common surgical procedures. In this presentation we will discuss what instruments you will need to do ocular surgery. We will also discuss the surgical techniques such as TT â€“temporary tarsorrhaphies, TEF â€“third eyelid flaps, 360 degree conjunctival grafts and enucleations and ISPs â€“intraocular silicone prostheses.
About the speaker: Robin Stanley graduated with first class honours from the University of Melbourne in 1984. Robin undertook an Ophthalmology Residency from 1987 to 1989 obtaining Membership of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists by examination Small Animal Surgery. In 1990 Robin obtained his Fellowship of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in the field of ophthalmology. Robin is registered as a Veterinary Eye Specialist, and has been a Board of Examiners member for the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists.
Eligible for CPE points!
DATE: 31 Jul 2016 SUNDAY
VENUE: A*STAR Matrix Building Level 4, Breakthrough Auditorium.
30 Biopolis Street (S)138671 (See attached PDF directions to get here)
TIME: 3 pm - 5 pm (Registration starts 30mins prior to event)
COST: Free for SVA Members, Non-members $50
Dinner will be provided and served at the end of the talk.
Please RSVP via email to email@example.com
Payment options for Non-members. Cash will NOT be accepted
1. Direct Bank Transfer - to DBS current account 065-005949-5
Account name: Singapore Veterinary Association
Swift code: DBSSSGSG
Please email the treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) after the transfer to indicate that the payment is for â€œOphthalmology SVA CPEâ€.
2. Paypal â€“ to email@example.com. Indicate in transaction details that the payment is for â€œOphthalmology SVA CPEâ€.
3. Cheque â€“ made payable to â€œSingapore Veterinary Associationâ€
Please mail to the following address: Singapore Veterinary Association, Ang Mo Kio Central Post Office PO BOX 821, Singapore 915611
Alternatively, cheques can be accepted on site during registration.
Animal Welfare Workshop Programme for Vets
22 July 2016
Time: 9.00am- 5.00pm (Lunch will be provided)
Venue: Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority
Office Tower, 52 Jurong Gateway Road Singapore 608550, Level 17 Function Room
CPE points: 10